Sunday, October 14, 2012
A Nice Saturday
Today I requested a morning to sleep in. Which means Jamison was in charge of Miles when he woke up at 5:30am. There is nothing interesting at 5:30 am for an almost 3 year old. I sure wish I knew why he wakes up and starts to play loudly so both his brothers wake up too.
Oh well, a parent's day is from son up to son down.
We had a very nice Saturday Morning Breakfast provided by the wonderful Jamison (heroic indeed considering when he had to get up). Pancakes, eggs, bacon (which is even saltier here than back home!). And I prepared my first pineapple of Brazil. Before we came here I really envisioned my whole day would be cutting pineapple and other fresh foods. I certainly do it more than at home, but it isn't an all day thing. But it was super delicious. Even Grace, our pickiest, had two slices, and I don't ever remember her eating it before.
The kids were getting a little cranky so we decided to go to a park. The forecast was for rain, but that didn't stop us, and it didn't end up raining. We went to a new park that was fantastic and huge. It had ponds and fountains, 3 large play areas, real rockets and airplanes. It was awesome. We are definitely going back. We thought we would play for 30 minutes then get some shopping done, but it was such a great park we stayed for 90. (well, Miles did fall asleep (waking up at 5:30 will sure tucker you out)so I spent the first hour in the car while the rest of the gang explored).
By the time we got home Felix was asleep. We had homemade chicken noodle soup which of course each child complained over. ("do you know how lucky you are to have homemade chicken noodle soup in Brazil? And you complain about celery! I had to break the noodles by hand!). I really can't be too hard on them they face a lot of new foods at school. But celery? Really?
We tested out Grace as a babysitter as we ran some errands. We still need a couch, and various other household items. She did great. I think it is so good for her to transition to a little more responsibility. She was very proud of herself and so are we.
I gave Grace a haircut. It didn't turn out as good as the cut I gave Jamison a couple of days ago. But it isn't horrible for a person with 2 hours training and a you tube video. And hopefully I will only get better. I am so super grateful for my friend who showed me how to cut hair before we left. It is such a blessing!
We hope you are all well. We really appreciate the friendship and love that you show us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment