"I need my fighting boots on!" - Felix, when he was running outside to play Avengers.
"Let's pretend we are the Avengers at the end of the movie in the restaurant." -Kris, when she wanted the kids to be quiet at the table. It worked!
We have had a nice Saturday. Playing at home, going to the park, watching some tv. We went to a church activity for kids. Each ward did a little presentation. Grace got to be in ours. She dressed up as a character from Brazilian folklore. I wish I new the name of who she was supposed to be. We saw lots of folk dances, and at the end Capoeira.
It brought back memories of when I was in a capoeira club at BYU. I really was. It seems unreal, but I joined as a favor to my friend and really enjoyed it. It was fun to watch and makes me want to get back into it. But I'm old and I'm sure I would look ridiculous. Maybe I will just take up bidin bao lessons and be in the band.
Anyway, the three kids on my lap were getting restless (Jamison was at work) and they were getting overwhelmed so we left a little early. I am proud of myself that I successfully ordered dinner at McDonalds. I am not proud to say I ate there, but at least I got just what I wanted to order.
When we left it was raining. We just have to walk across two busy streets to our neighborhood, so it isn't far. The last time I left shopping to go home in the rain I bought a $15 umbrella. It would cost me $90 in umbrellas this time, so we just had fun getting a little wet.
No comments:
Post a Comment