Tuesday, October 16, 2012
All Day Workout and a Cheer at Dinner
This morning I went out for a run. I took my phone and just ran around the neighborhood and told Grace to call me if anyone started screaming or something. I got a whole 0.5 K in. It was 5 minutes into the hopefully 30 minute run when I got the call.
Oh well I got a workout pumping up tires for a bike ride around our park. I ended up carrying the twin's bikes to the park (great for upper body). I worked out my neck muscles trying to keep an eye on everyone going different speeds to the park. I got a tiny bit of cardio racing Oliver, he was on a bike, and I was running. We had a nice break while the kids played. On the way back home I carried two bikes again. Whew.
And I got to finish the day scrubbing my floor for another arm workout. Oh well, we will try again tomorrow for the run.
This afternoon I got to go to the supermarket with a Brazilian friend who lived in America for a few years. It was so nice. I was able to find some things that have been on my list for a couple of weeks.
My newest cleaning supplies.
And I have never been so happy to see tortillas. I will try to make my own salsa tomorrow. We brought taco seasoning from the states.
Tonight for dinner we had a real treat. The kids were cheering when I announced I made Ranch Dressing! We certainly have given salad dressings a try. They usually just put oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. Which really is nice. But the other dressings are actually spicey and don't taste as creamy as they look. But to have ranch dressing. Oh, my! ( it wasn't just a plate of ranch dressing, although Abby would have loved that!). We had salad and Mac and cheese (a homemade version of course.). Oliver still wanted to put ketchup on it, I told him it wasn't Mac and cheese, it was macaroni and cheese "sauce". That was enough for him to refrain from ketchup.
We must save the ketchup! (we can get it here, just not cheaply)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment